CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Struggling

I've been doing so good (lost eight pounds so far!), and the last few days.....I'm struggling.

I am just wanting sweet stuff. Cookies, candy (specifically chocolate) brownies. I think that I have gone so long depriving myself of this stuff that I just can't stand it anymore! That is not good. I am wanting to do the lifestyle change thing, not just a temporary weight loss thing, and that means that junk is out the door for good. But it is really hard.

It also could be that I have POUNDS of Easter candy lying around.


What is it they say....if you don't want to eat it, don't have it in your house? Or maybe 'they' don't say that....It's just me that does?

Well, that is part of my struggle. Too much JUNK around this house. I am going to have to go thru and purge all of the candy. Or at least, maybe I could have my hubby hide it from me?

I need some encouragement today.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I can SO relate!! I do agree that the best way to not eat junk food is to not have it in the house. I try not to even go down the junk food aisles at the grocery store.

It's especially hard during holidays, when there is so much candy and stuff floating around. I believe that I pretty much single handedly ate an entire (big) bag of peanut M&M's, just because they were in the cupboard. Ugh.

You're doing great with the weight loss - don't give up now!!! You have to remember that you are also still building muscle, and that's why the scale isn't moving down the way you might like for it to! Keep up the good work, Devin!!!

. said...

Me too! This Easter I asked family not to give the kids candy but to opt for goldfish, teddy grahams or something like that. That way I don't have the good stuff around, and it is better for them too. I got them fig newton cookies and some smarties (I hate smarties so those are easier to have around for me). I did have one cadburry egg (and it was GOOD!)

I have been having a hard week with snacking too. A couple days I just felt like I was STARVING and nothing would fill me up! I still like to by goodies it makes me feel better. I just buy things I don't like (and my husband does)! That way I am buying the stuff and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself, and if I get the urge to eat it there is nothing good to eat so I don't.

I didn't do so great this past week, I gained 1/2 pound. :0( But I figure it was just a bad week, I was a little more snacky than usual and I need to try to learn from it. I also didn't eat prepared lunches (lean cusine or something) and I think that didn't help, I am TERRIBLE at portion control! I'm working on it though.

We haven't had another warm day since the day I took the bike ride. And it is actually snowing right now again! I can't wait for spring, and to get out on the bike again. I need to get moving!

You are doing awesome Devin, I wish I was in your shoes! Hopefully I will catch up to you soon!