CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Week one...

Well, today is the end of my first "official" week of weight loss. I say that because I didn't own a scale until I went shopping after church last Sunday. I probably started trying to eat a little better about 2 weeks before that.

I tried to drink lots of water (some days I did WAY better than others), and I tried to eat smaller portions. I also tried to use lower-fat varieties in my food choices (like reduced fat peanut butter and cream cheese). Sometimes I got winners (Jif reduced fat peanut butter OR Philly reduced fat cream cheese on celery makes a good snack), sometimes NOT SO MUCH (Kroger brand fat-free sour cream is YUCKY). I have also tried eating more slowly so that I only eat until I start to feel full. I used skim milk on my cereal. I allowed myself a small treat each day (like a couple of girl scout cookies or a few marshmallows), because I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. I didn't do "regular" exercise, but tried to put a lot more enthusiasm into my housework - actually running up and down the basement stairs to work on my endless mountain of laundry, scrubbing and waxing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees instead of just mopping it...(I am seriously going to need to invest in some knee pads, my knees hurt for 2 days!). I absolutely hate exercising, and know that I am going to have to suck it up and get over it in order to be really successful. That being said....

I LOST JUST OVER 4 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!! YEAH!!! Now, I'm fairly sure that a little of that was water weight, because I was on my period this week (sorry if that was TMI, but I do think it should be something we figure into our weight loss), but I'll take it!

I hope everyone had as good of a week as I did, and I look forward to reading your tips and tricks for improving our health along the way!

1 comments:

Devin said...

Fantastic job Julie! Congrats on the loss, and what a fantastic way to burn calories doing ordinary housework!