CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Looking for input

I am on a desperate search for low calorie, tasty, sweet-tooth-satisfying snacks.

Ones I have tried that are good:

  • Yoplait light yogurt--key lime pie and lemon meringue pie are both very good, and surprisingly taste a lot like the real thing
  • 100 calorie snack packs--the chips ahoy ones are very good--I also bought the Oreo ones, but haven't tried them yet
  • Edy's light ice cream--the BEST, and you would never know it is light!
  • York mini peppermint patties--only 50 calories and one fat gram apiece!

Okay, now it's your turn.....I'm challenging you, if you are a reader of this blog, even if you have never commented before, to leave at least ONE yummy, low-calorie snack in the comment portion of this blog! (My scale thanks you in advance.)

3 comments:

. said...

I like cracker jacks, the ones that you get in the box specifically (vs the bag, or large box). I don't remember how many calories it has, but I don't think it was too many. I love the fact that one box is one serving, I am so bad at eating only one serving! They are great because they are crunchy, sweet, and salty. It usually does the trick! And as an added bonus you can get 3 boxes for just under a dollar!

I also found York Pepermint Cookies, they are only 100 calories and you get two of them. They are also wrapped by the serving so there is no sneaking just one more! They are more expensive then the cracker jacks but since I have only picked them up once I don't remember how much they cost.

Julie said...

Mmm...SNACKS!!

I bought some of the 100 calorie pack Jello Pudding (Devil's Food) -they're pretty good. I've also been eating stuff like low fat pb or cream cheese on celery. I try to snack on stuff that will fill me up for a while.

I can't eat the light yogurts because of the aspartame. Actually, I really can't eat anything with aspartame or nutrisweet or even Splenda in it. Every time I do, I get sick to my stomach.

I've also been buying & trying different frozen dinners (well, I eat them for lunch) The Healthy Choice ones are pretty decent, and they give you enough food to where when you finish, you're not thinking, "Where's the main course?" Another thing I've been trying to do is eat a large salad with dinner. Kraft Light House Italian is pretty good.

Unknown said...

Hey Devin...Great job on your consistent loss, you are doing awesome! I just recently tried the Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches and they were GREAT! They also have them in regular vanilla. I think they also have fudge pops (although I haven't tried them, but I heard they were really good too!) They have fat free pudding which isn't too bad, or I think they make 100 cal pudding now. There is also sugar free jello which is like 10 calories. You can use low fat whip cream with both the pudding & the jello for an extra treat! I also enjoy the occasional Starbucks so you can get skim milk & no whip and that really cuts down on the fat grams.! At home I like to make sugar free cappuchino or sugar free hot chocolate. I top it off with the fat free RediWhip and it's pretty tasty! I'm really not all about fat free stuff, but for these sort of things it is ok! Helps make the guilty pleasure not so guilty! =)