CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Alright, that's IT!

Okay, so I have NOT been motivated at ALL to eat better or exercise. Not one bit. Needless to say, it hasn't boded well for my weight. As a matter of fact, at one point this week I weighed myself and was 8 lbs MORE than when I originally said I wanted to lose weight. CRAP! Are you KIDDING me??? I know it's my own fault, but geez!!

Now I am motivated. The last couple of days, I have been writing down everything I eat and have been drinking more water. I also got on a site called Self Help Works and have a trial membership in their weight loss program. It's got ideas for what types of foods to eat at each meal, and there is an audio program that goes along with it. I'm not due to start the audio part until Sunday, so I'll let you know what I think of it.

My motivation has helped, as I am now only about 4 lbs over what I weighed when I originally started. Now if I can just get myself to exercise. I did tell Ande last night that we need to get my treadmill out of the basement and maybe put it (and the TV, which is currently sitting in the garage) in our bedroom so I can watch a movie or something while I walk on it. I also tried out elliptical machines last night at a couple of stores while Ande looked for some new basketball shoes. After trying a few of them, I was like that lady in the movie Napoleon Dynamite - "I WANT THAT" Guess Ande's gonna have to work some OT so he can buy me one!! LOL

So anyway, I just wanted to "confess" to you all that I haven't been diligent in my attempt to lose weight, and I want you ladies to hold me accountable!!

P.S. Read my blog post about what Puckey said to me last night by clicking here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I read a couple of your entries and I have some advice. I noticed that earlier in your blog you said that you wanted to increase cardio but stop lifting weights. I lost 30 pounds last year. The key was "lifting weights". I know it sounds crazy but think about it. If your goal was to only gain 10 pounds of muscle you would actually burn 500 calories a day more even when you were sleeping. 1 pound of muscle burns 50 calories per day. If you add 10 pounds of muscle that is 500 calories a day. Just a thought. Good luck I wish you the best.

Devin said...

Good for you Julie. I will do my best to help keep you accountable. I have made my weight, but I know that it will be a lifelong battle to keep it all off! I am in this for the long haul, and I promise to try to be a great friend to you by sticking with you as long as you need me to!

You can do this, girl!