CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, girls......

I have made it.

I have lost the 12+ (actually 13!) pounds that I wanted to lose. And today, I wanted to offer a little encouragement:

IT IS WORTH IT.

Taking the weight off was really tough. It was tougher that I thought it was going to be actually, because the weight didn't come off nearly as fast as I thought it would, but I am so glad that I stuck with it for 13 weeks. I met most of my personal goals, including being in a cute new swimsuit in time for swimsuit season; being back in all of my pre-children shorts and dresses (that one feels the best, I think!); and toning my arms and legs and tummy area.

It was really, really hard. But I am soooooo very glad I stuck with it.

And, the best part: once I got to my goal weight, I could actually breathe again. And what I mean by that is, I am able for the first time in a long time to eat pretty normally. Now that I am not actually trying to lose weight but only to maintain where I am at, I am still exercising, and I am able to eat quite a bit more than I was before and haven't gained anything back! It is great. I am able to enjoy pizza and some sweets (definitely my ice cream! But, Edy's 1/2 the fat, of course. :-) What am I, crazy?)

It is worth it. The hard work will pay off. Be consistent. Stick with it. You will love yourself for it, I promise!

3 comments:

. said...

Thanks Devin, I am currently really jealous of you! I can't believe that I have been at this for 13 weeks and I have only lost about 5 pounds (and they aren't the 5 that you can tell are gone either!) I wish I had some of your secret powers!! I'm still doing my best though, I added in Almonds as a snack (160 calories I think) because they are supposed to be good a fighting tummy fat with no change, and I haven't exercised the last two weeks (SHAME on ME) the first week I was just overly busy and then I hurt my neck/shoulder and that made it too tough. Now I just don't feel like doing it and I am trying to get back into it... I put my sports bra on today, but that is as far as I made it. It's a step right?!? I am getting ready for my friends garage sale so I am really busy, but I hope to exercise still this week or at least by next week... :}

. said...

Oh yeah, I haven't been drinking my water (even though I always have my bottle with me) I'm just not feeling it. But on a positive note I haven't gained anything with my 2 weeks off...

Julie said...

YAY Devin!! I'm proud of you! I'm still not exercising like I should, but I have been moving furniture and/or cleaning ALL DAY EVERY DAY for about a week now, and I've lost 3 pounds (now I'm back to where I started when I said I wanted to lose weight...)

Thanks for offering to encourage me - I need it!!!